116street Soccer

Footballing from a lesser authority...

Name:
Location: New York, New York

Thursday, September 27, 2007

What Is Happening with 116street Soccer?

It's no secret that my posting to this site has been more than spotty, pretty much all year, and I feel like I owe everyone an explanation for this. 2007 has been an unimaginably difficult year for me, both personally and professionally, which has made it hard to find either the time, resources or energy to maintain this site. It was far easier in 2006, when everything was going well and I was an office temp with nothing to do other than write in my soccer blog all day.
With that being said, my year has certainly turned a corner, which means my opportunities and quality of life have improved dramatically, but which now leaves me with even less time to operate the blog. In the midst of such drastic change, I am very hesitant to stop blogging altogether, as it has been a source of great pleasure and (at times) sanity for me, and as I really like this blog and everything it stands for. I don't even want to announce a hiatus, because that would entail me putting some kind of limit on my blogging activity, which I'd rather not do. I guess the main thing here is that when my personal and professional life settle back into normalcy (something not seen since maybe December of 2006), I will have the clarity and time to get back into blogging again. The lack of updates have not been due to a lack of desire, and I have certainly continued to follow the beautiful game with the same passion as always, but sometimes times are hard, and when they finally become good again, establishing new patterns can be a bit of a challenge, you know?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just keep posting. You put actual thought into what you write, which is refreshing. Even occasional musings from you beat four-a-days from a lot of others.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed, there's a reason I keep this blog bookmarked and still check it every day or two, even when you haven't posted for a few weeks. It's always a treat when there actually is a new one, and you have a good original voice.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What is this "beautiful game" of which you speak? I thought this was a soccer blog.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep posting man!,

Matt

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home